Bachelor of Science in Nursing
"As part of Lenoir-Rhyne University and College of Health Sciences, the mission of the School of Nursing is the education of nursing leaders who influence the quality of health care through the promotion of health and the management of illness in a global society."
School of Nursing Mission Statement (2012)
Baccalaureate Nursing Program Goals
- Provide baccalaureate nursing programs grounded in Christian faith and liberal arts for both pre-licensure and continuing undergraduate students in nursing.
- Facilitate integration of knowledge from the liberal arts and nursing into a framework for use as a generalist in the promotion of health and management of illness for individuals, families, groups, communities, and populations.
- Enhance communication skills used in professional relationships with clients, peers and the community.
- Develop skills regarding information technology, research and critical thinking that can be used to improve the quality of health care.
- Develop competencies to allow for post-baccalaureate education and life-long learning in pursuit of professional development and growth of nursing knowledge.
- Foster a sense of professionalism through the provision of opportunities to demonstrate leadership, responsibility, integrity, and a commitment to serving the community and the profession.
- Support the development of a sense of caring for clients, peers, and the community.
Sample Curriculum Plan [PDF]
2014-2015 Student Handbook
School of Nursing Application
Everything you need to for admission is .